Synergy Enterprises, Inc., a minority- and woman-owned government contractor, is seeking a Science Writer to work in its Silver Spring, MD, headquarters and a client site in Bethesda. The Science Writer will write a variety of products, including newsletter articles, web content, speeches and presentation materials, brochures, flyers, and more for high-profile representatives of a federal biomedical organization. The Science Writer will consult with physicians, biomedical researchers, and other science writers and communications personnel to prepare content for federal officials attending biomedical conferences, academic symposia, public policy meetings, and other professional gatherings. The Science Writer will also perform content and editorial review of other science writing, editing, and communications tasks as directed by the Project Manager. Familiarity with federal health agencies and GPO style a plus.
• Write a variety of products, including newsletter articles, web content, speeches and presentation materials, brochures, flyers, and more for biomedical, scientific, professional, and general audiences.
• Interact professionally with biomedical clinicians, researchers, and policymakers with an intermediate level of scientific fluency.
• Research biomedical topics from a variety of sources, including scientific journals, and synthesize information into professional speeches and presentations.
• Outstanding writing skills.
• Ability to support multiple projects from concept to completion, work independently, and adhere to tight deadlines.
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and PowerPoint.
• Ability to work and problem solve in a high-stress, time-sensitive environment.