Synergy Enterprises, Inc., a minority and woman owned government contractor located in Silver Spring, MD, currently has an opportunity for a Research Associate. The research associate will work closely with evaluation staff, providing statistical and programming support, reviewing and editing publications, conducting research, writing short informational reports and publications and analyzing and reporting data. This is a full-time position with the data analysis team. DMV area candidates only need apply.
· Provide support for a variety of activities, including, but not limited to, developing research reports, white papers, case studies, workshop packets, fact sheets, presentations, newsletters, webinars, and technical assistance related products.
· Develop data collection instruments for quantitative and qualitative research studies
· Conduct analysis on quantitative data using standard and advanced statistical techniques including advanced regression techniques and survey sampling statistics
· Design and perform specialized statistical analyses on national cross-sectional and longitudinal data sets specializing in education and health data
· Able to analyze a variety of data with minimal instruction
· Ensure data and reporting meet high standards including various Federal guidelines.
· Strong interest in education policy and/or health policy a plus
· Strictly follow data security protocols.
· Communicate effectively with both internal and external clients to explain methods,
interpret results, and create effective tabular and graphical displays.
· Interact with knowledge experts to specify statistical models.
· Innovate statistical methods or adapt standard statistical methods, as needed.
· Create specifications for building analytic data files.
· PhD degree or Master’s degree and at least 5 years of experience in either Social Sciences research (educational policy, public policy, sociology, psychology, political science, or government), Public Health, Statistics, or related field.
· Demonstrated skills in research, data collection, and analysis, including work with complex surveys and sample analysis.
· Strong social science statistical analysis experience using SAS, SPSS and/or R. Survey research programming preferred.
· Team player able to jump in and take on any task as needed.
· Self-starter with strong time management and multitasking skills
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Able to obtain necessary clearances from various Federal agencies.
Other job requirements:
Physical demands and work environment:
While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop; bend; push; turn; crawl; sit; use hands to handle objects and documents; manipulate objects; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision; ability to recognize, register, and respond; color recognition; depth perception. Employee may use office equipment such as telephone, computer, computer software, calculator, printer, copier, and facsimile.
Work environment: Employees are not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please send resume and cover letter for immediate consideration.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.