Synergy staff members are advancing solutions in public health and public education systems across the country. We speak 26 languages and represent 27 countries. Our diverse backgrounds bring important perspectives to the services we deliver.
Contracts and Pricing Manager
Synergy Enterprises, Inc., a minority and woman-owned government contractor located in North Bethesda, MD, currently has an opportunity for a full-time employee as a Contracts and Pricing Manager.
- Oversee and administer all contractual agreements so approvals, extensions, modifications and amendments, supplemental funding requests, key personnel notifications, close-outs and other actions are handled promptly.
- Draft, review, and negotiate contracts, subcontracts, teaming agreements and non-disclosure agreements.
- Assist with proposal preparation activities including review of contractual terms and conditions, business proposal development, and overall proposal compliance.
- Review and update contractual information in Deltek Cost Point as well as other internal databases and tools in a timely manner.
- Lead the development of competitive pricing in response to U.S. Government and Commercial requirements.
- Oversee the monthly project financial management process and assist in preparing projections for senior leadership.
- Oversee the billing process and review billing to ensure compliance with contract schedules, terms and conditions.
- Provide ad-hoc financial or contract reports to internal staff and external clients as required.
- Coordinate and work with the project teams on financial and administrative matters that impact contracts.
- Work with management regarding all the particularities of all contracts requirements.
- Identify and lead process improvement initiatives that provide a positive impact on contract operations.
- Manage and mentor existing contracts and operations team.
- Works closely with project managers and senior leadership.
- BA/BS in one of the following: Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or similar.
- 7+ years of experience in government contracting environment required.
- 2+ years of experience managing staff.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel.
- Advanced analytical skills required.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience with cradle-to-grave contract life cycle administration required.
- Experience with the following contract types: Cost Plus, FFP, T&M, IDIQ, BPA, Task Orders and Hybrid Contracts.
- Proficiency Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat.
- Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) required.
- Knowledge of GSA Schedule contracts required.
- Knowledge of U.S. Government proposal and pricing development required.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must be able to prioritize and complete multiple tasks within strict deadlines.
- Proof of vaccination for COVID-19, or proof of valid medical or religious exemption, will be required upon hire.
- MBA or equivalent.
- Experience and proficiency with Deltek Cost Point.
Physical demands and work environment:
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop; bend; push; turn; crawl; sit; use hands to handle objects and documents; manipulate objects; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision; ability to recognize, register, and respond; color recognition; depth perception. Employee may use office equipment such as telephone, computer, computer software, calculator, printer, copier, and facsimile.
- Work environment: Employees are not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of employees so classified.