Synergy staff members are advancing solutions in public health and public education systems across the country. We speak 26 languages and represent 27 countries. Our diverse backgrounds bring important perspectives to the services we deliver.
Curriculum and Training Specialist
Synergy Enterprises, Inc., a woman-owned government contractor is seeking a Curriculum and Training Specialist to work with its North Bethesda, MD headquarters. The main responsibility of the Curriculum and Training Specialist will be to provide content development and training services in support of an out-of-school time professional development contract. Job location remote with ability to use an office and/or meeting space when needed.
Designs training activities, online e-learning courses, and other materials, including virtual and in-person presentations, online courses, and self-study sessions, directed at adult learners working for the Nita M. Lowey 21st Century Community Learning Centers program or other grantees associated with the U.S. Department of Education. Develops and updates course content and coordinates learning curriculum. Conducts engaging in-person and virtual workshops and professional learning community events. Maintains in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of the related field. Requires a bachelor’s degree in the social sciences or education and at least three years of experience in youth development, out-of-school time, education or an associated field. Familiar with a variety of educational concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Daily responsibilities may include:
- Participate in virtual meetings with the client and other team members as necessary
- Work with team staff to update or modify training presentation(s) as necessary to meet the technical assistance (TA) needs of participating programs, checking with Lead Training Specialist about whether approval is needed for edits/changes
- Coordinate with Lead Training Specialist and Logistics Coordinator to ensure travel is booked and training materials are sent for on-site events and to ensure webinar registration and room is set up for virtual events
- Walk through finalized training presentation(s) with co-trainer and guest speakers (if any)
- Facilitate both virtual and on-site training sessions and collect participant information via sign-in forms and training feedback forms
- Work with the Lead Content Specialist to develop TA and training materials including, but not limited to:
- PowerPoint Presentations
- Resource sheets
- Fact sheets
- Scripts for e-learning
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- At least three years of experience in education or an associated field
- Proof of vaccination for COVID-19, or proof of valid medical or religious exemption, will be required upon hire.
Physical demands and work environment:
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle objects and documents; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision. Employee may use office equipment such as a telephone, computer, computer software, calculator, printer, copier, and facsimile.
- Work environment: Employees are not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Proof of vaccination for COVID-19, or proof of valid medical or religious exemption, will be required upon hire.”
- Remote position. Travel to grantee locations across the U.S. is expected approximately six times per year for up to three days per visit. Travel to Synergy’s main office in North Bethesda, Maryland approximately once or twice per year. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of employees so classified.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of employees so classified.