Synergy staff members are advancing solutions in public health and public education systems across the country. We speak 26 languages and represent 27 countries. Our diverse backgrounds bring important perspectives to the services we deliver.
Synergy Enterprises, Inc., a woman owned government contractor, is seeking a Financial Analyst. The Financial Analyst will be responsible for tracking the company's financial performance against a plan, analyzing business performance and market conditions to create forecasts, and helping senior management make tactical and strategic decisions by providing periodic reports.
- Prepare and conduct monthly financial status reviews with Project Directors to ensure adherence with budget and spend plans across firm projects.
- Perform monthly and ad-hoc financial analysis of projects, identify areas of concern, and communicate key findings to firm leadership.
- Provide financial or contract reports to internal staff and external clients as required.
- Develop pricing models and compliant cost/price proposals in response to solicitations.
- Support research, analysis, and pricing strategy development for solicitations.
- Assist with other financial or operational activities as assigned.
- BA or BS degree preferably in business, finance or accounting; or 4 years’ experience in government contracts in lieu of a degree.
- 2+ years of experience with pricing, accounting, finance, or contracting in a government contracts environment.
- Experience with the following contract types: Cost Plus, FFP, T&M, IDIQ, BPA, Task Orders and Hybrid Contracts.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel (Pivot tables, VLOOKUP, INDEX/MATCH, etc.)
- Deltek Costpoint experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of the FAR, the government acquisition process, and the difference between cost and price.
- Knowledge of GSA Schedules a plus.
- Ability to work flexible hours in a deadline-driven environment.
- Strong analytic skills and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Proof of vaccination for COVID-19, or proof of valid medical or religious exemption, will be required upon hire.
Physical demands and work environment:
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop; bend; push; turn; crawl; sit; use hands to handle objects and documents; manipulate objects; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision; ability to recognize, register, and respond; color recognition; depth perception. Employee may use office equipment such as telephone, computer, computer software, calculator, printer, copier, and facsimile.
- Work environment: Employees are not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of employees so classified.