Synergy staff members are advancing solutions in public health and public education systems across the country. We speak 26 languages and represent 27 countries. Our diverse backgrounds bring important perspectives to the services we deliver.
IT Help Desk Technician
At Synegry Enterprises, Inc. (SEI), we are directly involved in health and education initiatives of federal, state and international agencies. We are committed to creating innovative solutions and techniques to disseminate technical, academic, and informational materials and research on public health and education. Our experts and senior staff recognize the need to consider culture and special populations when planning, implementing and evaluating public health and education programs and the technical/capacity-building assistance that support those programs. Along with corporate support of government initiatives and research, we ahve relationships wiht key researchers, scholars, and analysts who have specialized expertise in various areas of public health and education.
SEI is looking for a talented and experienced Helpdesk Technician that provides support for basic incident resolution and requests reported to the division service desk.
SEI is looking for a talented and experienced Helpdesk Technician that provides support for basic incident resolution and requests reported to the division service desk. Responsibilities include initial assessment, triage, research, and resolution of basic incidents and requests regarding the use of application software products and/or infrastructure components. The Helpdesk Technician is responsible for collecting information through a customer conversation, accessing support tools, and additional support staff (service resources) if needed. Problems beyond the scope of their ability or responsibility are resolver by engaging in a timely manner other service resources from within the IT division.
Duties include but are not limited to;
- Addresses and resolves basic incidents and requests.
- Logs all incidents and requests.
- Engages other service desk resources or appropriate service resources to resolve incidents that are beyond the scope of their ability or responsibility.
- Uses the appropriate IT tools for logging incidents and requests.
- Creates a positive customer support experience and builds strong relationships through deep problem understanding, ensuring timely resolution or escalation, communicating promptly on progress, and handling customers with a consummately professional attitude.
- Ensures the end-to-end customer experience and provides and single-point-of-contact for the customer.
- Analyzes and resolves incidents and request regarding use of application software of hardware.
- Logs and tracks incidents and requests from identification through resolution.
- Follows up with other support staff (service resources) involved in resolution to ensure incidents are resolved, requests are filled, and the customer communication is complete.
- Documents resolutions and updates self-help and staff knowledge bases.
- Grows general knowledge of current corporate and division products, increasing ability to resolve requests on first contact.
- Provides after-hours and on-call support as needed. Maintains and protects confidentiality with regard to all aspects of employee information.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities;
- Demonstrates ability and desire to learn Corporate and Division application, technology, and terminology.
- Demonstrated ability to learn customer support processes and techniques.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Competency in MS Office Suite.
- Competency in call center tracking tools.
- Prior experience supporting customers in use of application software.
- Proficiency in using support software tools.
- Customer service orientation and/or prior service training.
Bachelor's degree preferred.
One to two years' work experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of employees so classified.
SEI offers an excellent benefits package which includes competitive compensation, paid time off, 401(k) with employer match, paid holidays, and a dynamic work environment.
SEI is an equal opportunity employer
Please send resume and cover letter for immediate consideration.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.