Synergy staff members are advancing solutions in public health and public education systems across the country. We speak 26 languages and represent 27 countries. Our diverse backgrounds bring important perspectives to the services we deliver.
Junior Communications Specialist
Synergy Enterprises, Inc., a minority and woman-owned government contractor is looking for a full-time, Junior Communications Specialist to work with its North Bethesda, MD headquarters. Job Location Remote with ability to use an office and or meeting space when needed.
Synergy Enterprises is accepting applications for an entry-level Junior Communications Specialist who is a well-rounded, creative, highly organized, must be proficient in Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, excel, Power Point and more. The ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, is required. The ideal candidate must possess a good work ethic to meet the demands of a remote, fast-paced work environment.
The Junior Communications Specialist will be responsible for various duties, supporting health communications and outreach focused on content and materials development, public health education campaign implementation and digital outreach strategies and content. Bachelor’s in journalism, marketing, public relations required.
Specific duties may include:
- Assist with developing, integrating, and implementing comprehensive marketing, communications, and public relations plans related to a variety of communications activities.
- Draft content for social media and websites and other digital channels.
- Write news articles, emails, and media materials.
- Advise on website content organization and leading website content updates and changes.
- Provide messages, and when needed- brand discipline, and guidance to ensure that clients and/or projects are portrayed consistently and compellingly across all platforms and in all materials.
- Participate in client meetings and workgroups, as appropriate and prepare meeting materials.
- Assist with outreach planning and implementation.
- Assist with uploading data, research, manuscripts, and materials.
- Assist with collecting meeting topics and/or materials for client events.
- Support regular project meetings through agenda development and meeting minutes.
- Assist in the development of plain language communication materials.
- Update internal project tracking spreadsheets.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office and social media platforms.
- Ability to support multiple projects from concept to completion, and adhere to tight deadlines.
- Outstanding attention to detail with excellent organization skills.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work and problem solve in a high-stress, time sensitive environment.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle objects and documents; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision. Employee may use office equipment such as telephone, computer, computer software, calculator, printer, copier, and facsimile.
- Work environment: Employees are not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of employees so classified.