Synergy staff members are advancing solutions in public health and public education systems across the country. We speak 26 languages and represent 27 countries. Our diverse backgrounds bring important perspectives to the services we deliver.
Job Summary: Synergy Enterprises, Inc., a minority and woman-owned government contractor, is seeking a Logistics Coordinator, full-time, to work with its North Bethesda, MD headquarters. The duties of the Logistics Coordinator will be to perform administrative and logistical duties in support of contract tasks. We are offering $15-$16 per hour for this position.
- Enter data into conference database, generate reports, and perform mail merges.
- Create and process forms for registration, reimbursement, honoraria, evaluations, and other forms as needed.
- Create, duplicate, and assemble conference/review materials, including name badges, tent cards, signs, packets, and other materials as requested by client.
- Correspond with attendees via phone, email, fax, Federal Express, and U.S. Mail.
- Generate and update rooming lists.
- Prepare logistical and confirmation letters for clients, attendees, speakers/VIPs, and vendors.
- Provide onsite support.
- Arrange, facilitate, and otherwise support conference calls and virtual meetings.
- Arrange travel for sponsored attendees and speakers/VIPs.
- Provide travel support for non-sponsored attendees as necessary.
- Order necessary supplies.
- Prefer at least one year of experience in supporting technical planning and coordinating conferences and meetings.
- Prefer experience in managing travel activities and communications with conference or meeting attendees.
- Prefer knowledge of virtual meeting platforms such as Zoom, Teams, WebEx etc…
- Prefer expert in providing administrative and database support (Knowledge and familiarity with MS Access a must).
- Minimum of a High School diploma required.
- Prefer a minimum of 2 years experience performing a variety of clerical support function.
- Ability to write and speak English clearly.
- We are offering $15-$16 per hour.
Other job requirements:
- The position requires that individuals be available to work as necessary throughout the standard workweek and sometimes on weekends as well.
- Historically, individuals who have filled this position have worked on average anywhere from 2 to 3 weekends a year (and sometimes more) and often have to travel to distant client sites in order to do so.
Physical demands and work environment:
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle objects and documents; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision. Employee may use office equipment such as telephone, computer, computer software, calculator, printer, copier, and facsimile.
- Work environment: Employees are not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of employees so classified.