Synergy staff members are advancing solutions in public health and public education systems across the country. We speak 26 languages and represent 27 countries. Our diverse backgrounds bring important perspectives to the services we deliver.
Synergy Enterprises, Inc. (“SEI”), a minority and woman owned government contractor, is seeking a Meeting Planner to work in its Silver Spring, MD headquarters. The Meeting Planner will be responsible to plan and coordinate small- and medium-size conferences and/or meetings, to include site selection, vendor selection, contract negotiations, database management/manipulation, lodging and travel. The Meeting Planner will also supervise meeting functions onsite and act as the primary liaison between SEI staff and hotel. Additionally, the Meeting Planner will support large conferences (1,000+) as part of a team, performing the duties outlined above. The Meeting planner will also provide logistical and technical support to webinars, including setting up and monitoring registration, communicating with registrants, serving as an event producer, and working with the Education Technology Specialist on larger online events.
- Perform hotel searches for meeting space and/or sleeping rooms and generate/update rooming lists.
- Negotiate hotel contracts.
- Work with hotel to prepare room set-up, A/V equipment, food & beverage, and other hotel arrangements.
- Set-up audiovisual arrangements as needed.
- Contact all applicable vendors as needed.
- Prepare logistical and confirmation letters for clients, attendees, speakers/VIPs, and vendors.
- Work with clients to develop meeting materials, prepare reports, and provide onsite support.
- Manage the entry of data into conference database, generate reports, and perform mail merges using MS Access.
- Correspond with clients and attendees via phone, email, fax, Federal Express, and U.S. Mail.
- Arrange, facilitate, and otherwise support conference calls.
- Oversee travel arrangements for sponsored attendees and speakers/VIPs.
- Track budget as needed (ODCs only) and manage supply inventory (order as needed).
- Work with IT and Graphic staff to develop conference websites for logistical information and/or online registration.
- Work with program staff and the Education Technology Specialist to set up webinar registration.
- Serve as host for online events using various Webinar software including Zoom and Adobe Connect.
- Manage post-tasks including obtaining captions for the recordings and preparing files for posting on client Web sites.
- Be available to work as necessary throughout the standard workweek and often on weekends as well.
- Minimum of 5 years meeting planning experience (preferably with a government contractor).
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Familiarity with webinar platforms such as AdobeConnect and Zoom
- Attention to detail and excellent organization skills (oral, written, and electronic).
- A high customer service orientation and ability to remain calm under pressure.