Synergy staff members are advancing solutions in public health and public education systems across the country. We speak 26 languages and represent 27 countries. Our diverse backgrounds bring important perspectives to the services we deliver.
Synergy Enterprises, Inc., a minority and woman-owned government contractor is looking for a part-time, as needed, Research Assistant to work with its North Bethesda, MD headquarters.
- Assist with environmental scans on current topics of interest including topics with the fields of mental health, substance use and abuse, and other areas of interest in public health and education.
- Assist in the development of surveys and the collection of quantitative and qualitative data using commercial survey software.
- Assist with research and literature reviews.
- Assist in the preparation of data reports (graphics and tabular) including ensuring the accuracy of the data presented.
- Assist with report formatting and citations.
- Conduct analysis on quantitative data analysis using standard statistical techniques.
- Provide support for a variety of activities, including, but not limited to, developing research reports, white papers, case studies, workshop packets, fact sheets, newsletters, webinar, and technical assistance related products.
- Bachelor’s degree in either Social Sciences (economics, public policy, sociology, psychology, political science, or government), Public Health, Social Work, or related field. Will consider those graduating by Spring 2022.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and be able to obtain a security clearance.
- Demonstrated skills in research, data collection, and analysis, including:
- Previous work with complex sample analysis preferred.
- Previous work in compiling literature reviews using both scholarly and other sources.
- Programming experience using SAS, SPSS, STATA and/or R; as well as survey design software, ideally, Qualtrics.
- Self-starter with strong time management and multitasking skills.
- Able to work well on a team sometimes under tight deadlines.
- Desire to learn and conduct social science research.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Remote work opportunity with preference given to applicants from the DC area.
- Please provide a cover letter along with your resume when applying.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle objects and documents; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision. Employee may use office equipment such as telephone, computer, computer software, calculator, printer, copier, and facsimile.
- Work environment: Employees are not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Please provide cover letter along with resume when applying.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of employees so classified.