Synergy staff members are advancing solutions in public health and public education systems across the country. We speak 26 languages and represent 27 countries. Our diverse backgrounds bring important perspectives to the services we deliver.
Research Associate REMS
Synergy Enterprises, Inc., a minority and woman owned government contractor, is seeking a Research Associate to work with its North Bethesda, MD headquarters. The Research Associate will work closely with both evaluation staff and technical staff, providing support in a variety of areas. Such areas may include providing logistical support for live and virtual events, providing technical assistance, conducting research, writing short informational reports and publications, and analyzing and reporting data. Job location remote with ability to use an office and or meeting space when needed.
- Assist in development and delivery of high-quality methods of providing technical assistance and products.
- Write, review, and edit a variety of informational products, written materials and website and online resources.
- Conduct research and provide support for a variety of activities, including, but not limited to, developing white papers, case studies, training materials, fact sheets, newsletters, webinars, and other technical-assistance related products.
- Provide logistical support for live and virtual trainings, Webinars, virtual meetings, including schedule/calendar management, shipping support, technical support, and note-taking
- Provide support to the social media team via daily posting and participation in the management of Web chats
- Attend live and virtual events across the country, including trainings and conferences, to provide face-to-face customer service and to provide support with event set-up, take-down, and shipping needs
- Work with various divisions throughout the company to carry out and manage various tasks, including Communications and Information Technology
- Support research efforts and prepare written content to support the development of responses to requests for technical assistance, as well as flyers, publications, and Web content
- Provide support to the Training Manager with making and confirming travel arrangements for high-level executives and experts
- Assist with data collection, entry, analysis, and reporting efforts.
- Help maintain quality control measures across the project to ensure client deliverables are of high quality.
- Be proficient and professional representing the TA Center and its various endeavors at off-site events, meetings, and via phone, email and online meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or Social Science related field.
- Advanced skill set with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Teams; Zoom; and Adobe Connect Platforms and web-based databases.
- Experience supporting virtual and live events in the logistical capacity.
- Experience with support social media management.
- Demonstrated skills in research, data collection, and analysis (knowledge of SAS and SPSS preferred).
- Self-starter with strong time management and multitasking skills.
- Excels at working in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Able to work under pressure, managing several complex assignments with multiple deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including proofreading or copyediting experience.
- Has an understanding of online data collection forms.
- Able to travel to regionally or out of state 3-4 times/month.
- Special expertise in the fields of education, school safety, marketing, evaluation, research is a plus.
- Proof of vaccination for COVID-19, or proof of valid medical or religious exemption, will be required upon hire.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle objects and documents; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision. Employee may use office equipment such as telephone, computer, computer software, calculator, printer, copier, and facsimile.
- Work environment: Employees are not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of employees so classified.