Synergy staff members are advancing solutions in public health and public education systems across the country. We speak 26 languages and represent 27 countries. Our diverse backgrounds bring important perspectives to the services we deliver.
Sr. Policy Analyst- Strategic Communications
Synergy Enterprises, Inc. is searching for a Sr. Policy Analyst. The Sr. Policy Analyst will work with Synergy Enterprises, Inc.’s headquarters in North Bethesda, MD. This is a senior associate level position within the Communications Services Division. Job location remote with ability to use an office and/or meeting space when needed.
- Responsible for policy planning and development, including performing policy research and analysis on underage alcohol use, and providing policy recommendations;
- Supports collaboration and coordination across federal agencies on underage drinking prevention activities;
- Prepares and disseminates policy statements, correspondence, talking points, briefing materials, press releases (internal and external), and collects data;
- Drafts sections of reports and materials for Congress and state public health officials;
- Provides reports on the status of projects and plans resource needs for the projected initiatives; and
- Assists in project management and client engagement
- PhD or master’s degree in public health, social work, substance misuse, or similar field
- At least 10 years of experience working in the field of public health
- 5+ years of experience in identifying, researching, and recommending evidence-based best practices for reducing substance use. Experience in alcohol policy strongly preferred
- 5+ years of project management experience
- Skilled at researching and writing policy documents, fact sheets, white papers, and web content
- Ability to translate analysis and findings into policy
- Proof of vaccination for COVID-19, or proof of valid medical or religious exemption, will be required upon hire.
Physical demands and work environment:
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle objects and documents; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision. Employee may use office equipment such as telephone, computer, computer software, calculator, printer, copier, and facsimile.
- Work environment: Employees are not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of employees so classified.