Synergy staff members are advancing solutions in public health and public education systems across the country. We speak 26 languages and represent 27 countries. Our diverse backgrounds bring important perspectives to the services we deliver.
Training and Technical Assistance Senior Research Associate
Job Summary: The Training and Technical Assistance Research Associate will work closely with project staff to provide written, in-person, and virtual technical assistance, develop publications and other print dissemination items, conduct initial and ongoing needs assessments, assist cohorts of educational grantees to meet program goals, and track, analyze, and report data for a variety of purposes. Employees are able to work remotely.
- Lead the provision of high-quality technical assistance in-person, online, and by phone to range of clients.
- Develop informational products, including fact sheets, written technical assistance, toolkits, and guidance documents.
- Lead the facilitation of working group discussions of practitioners in small-group in-person and virtual settings to help identify emerging issues.
- Identify and deliver new high-quality methods of providing technical assistance and technical assistance products based on needs assessments and other data.
- Conduct literature reviews and other research efforts on emerging issues related to education policy and practice.
- Conduct research to identify and resolve operational challenges and develop and implement complimentary methods for providing technical assistance.
- Provide direct support to cohorts of grantees in administering educational programs.
- Develop and deliver virtual and in-person trainings, including webinars, virtual meetings, online courses, videos, and live conference presentations.
- Be proficient and professional representing the TA Center and its various endeavors at virtual and in-person events, meetings, and via phone, email and online meetings.
- Perform data tracking and analysis of ongoing activities for monthly reports.
- Master’s Degree or PhD in Education or Social Science related field.
- Advanced skill set with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and web-based databases.
- Skills in conducting virtual meetings on a variety of platforms (e.g., Zoom, Adobe Connect).
- Demonstrated skills in research, data collection, and analysis (knowledge of Qualtrics preferred).
- Content expertise in one or more of the following areas: K-12 and/or higher education; school safety, emergency management, STEM; college and career prep; social emotional learning; school based mental health services and counseling; supportive school climates; professional development for educators and school leaders; blended and online learning.
- Self-starter with strong time management and multitasking skills.
- Excels at working in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to work under pressure, managing several complex assignments with multiple deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proofreading or copyediting experience is a plus.
- Understanding of online data collection forms.
- Additional skills a plus: grant management experience, communications, marketing, and social media.
Other job requirements:
- The position requires that individuals be available to work as necessary throughout the standard workweek and often on weekends as well.
- The position requires the ability to travel, including overnight (approximately 20% of time, depending upon need).
Physical demands and work environment:
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle objects and documents; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision. Employee may use office equipment such as telephone, computer, computer software, calculator, printer, copier, and facsimile.
- Work environment: Employees are not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Employees are able to work remotely.