Synergy staff members are advancing solutions in public health and public education systems across the country. We speak 26 languages and represent 27 countries. Our diverse backgrounds bring important perspectives to the services we deliver.
Synergy Enterprises, Inc., a woman-owned small business, is seeking an Administrative Assistant. The qualified candidate will be highly efficient, detail-oriented, and organized. The Administrative Assistant will provide support for a variety of government contracts focused on communications, public health, mental health, substance misuse, and outreach activities.
- Keen attention to detail and superb organizational skills
- Work seamlessly with project staff and must be able to manage multiple tasks and assignments with competing deadlines
- Responsible for coordinating meetings and taking notes, updating project management software systems, and supporting project teams in a variety of administrative tasks
- Using Monday.com, Microsoft Suite, etc.
- Meeting coordination and prep (including shipping materials)
- Logistical support
- File Management
- Other administrative tasks as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with an emphasis on efficiency, attention to detail, and quality
- Able to track deadlines for multiple concurrent tasks
- Strong multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Proficient use of Monday.com, SharePoint and Microsoft Office Products (Teams, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, and Excel) is required
- Ability to work well in matrixed organization, confidently and proactively communicating competing priorities to multiple managers
- Problem-solving skills and innovative thinking
- Interest in creating efficiency in processes and developing new ways to make rote tasks easier
- Able to excel in a fast-paced, demanding, and rewarding environment where independent work, creative thinking, and solution-proposing is necessary
- Occasionally going into the office Headquarters (in North Bethesda, MD) to prepare for meetings
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle objects and documents; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision. Employee may use office equipment such as telephone, computer, computer software, calculator, printer, copier, and facsimile.
- Work environment: Employees are not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.