Synergy staff members are advancing solutions in public health and public education systems across the country. We speak 26 languages and represent 27 countries. Our diverse backgrounds bring important perspectives to the services we deliver.
Communications Project Director
The successful candidate will manage a highly matrixed, creative, fast-paced environment of seasoned communications professionals serving high-level government officials. The ideal candidate will have an excellent attention to detail, the ability to manage multiple high-level tasks, and the ability to maintain a positive relationship in a demanding client environment.
As a Communications Project Director, you will:
- Serve as the primary client point of contact and work with them to define and develop the overall communications strategy and project workplans.
- Monitor and track all client deliverables to ensure all work is of the highest quality and in line with client expectations.
- Develop and track project budget and ensure that all work is within scope and budget.
- Mitigate risk and solve problems quickly and creatively.
- Oversee development of content, social media, graphic design, web content, media outreach, high-level speeches and presentations, and more to establish processes and schedules.
- Work with the project team to identify and target client needs and develop innovative solutions and best practices.
- Bring a flexible, positive attitude and be willing to take on any project task to ensure success.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Public Affairs, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Advertising, or related majors.
- A minimum of 7-10 years of communications experience, federal government experience required.
- At least 5 years of communications project management experience, federal contract management experience required.
- Strong understanding of health and science topics, with a focus on women’s health.
- Ability to maintain high-quality work while managing multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational, time management skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to think creatively and provide innovative solutions to clients’ communications challenges/problems.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams and team members.
- Proof of vaccination for COVID-19, or proof of valid medical or religious exemption, will be required upon hire.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle objects and documents; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision. Employee may use office equipment such as telephone, computer, computer software, calculator, printer, copier, and facsimile.
- Work environment: Employees are not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of employees so classified.