Synergy staff members are advancing solutions in public health and public education systems across the country. We speak 26 languages and represent 27 countries. Our diverse backgrounds bring important perspectives to the services we deliver.
Synergy Enterprises, Inc., a woman-owned government contractor, is seeking a part-time writer/editor to review print and digital products for a variety of federal government clients in the education and health fields. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and thorough, to ensure that all content is accurate, grammatically correct, and follows a logical flow. The ideal candidate will be able to juggle multiple tasks, prioritize work independently, and work well in fast-paced, deadline-driven culture. This part-time position has the potential to transition into a full-time position.
The writer/editor will routinely review, write, and/or edit a variety of contract deliverables for a U.S. Department of Education client in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, or Adobe PDF formats. This position will:
- Proofread materials while looking for typographical errors and adhering to style conformity using specified style guides
- Thoroughly copyedit and fact-check print and digital products
- Proofread, review and compare text, data tables, figures, and graphs
- Cross-check citations and references and ensure that they are in the correct preferred format
- Update electronic files based on hard-copy edits made by others
- Develop or maintain project-specific style guides and gain in-depth understanding of client preferences and style
- Provide quality control review of formatted products to ensure all text is accurate and well-placed in the final versions
- Write or rewrite content for a variety of products, including meeting minutes, reports, and websites.
- Minimum of 5 years copyediting and fact-checking experience working across both print and digital platforms
- Proficiency in various editorial styles, including GPO, Chicago, and AP
- A keen eye for details and a mastery of grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Ability to support multiple projects from concept to completion, work independently, and adhere to tight deadlines
- Familiarity with U.S. Department of Education styles and federal contracting a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or related field preferred