Synergy staff members are advancing solutions in public health and public education systems across the country. We speak 26 languages and represent 27 countries. Our diverse backgrounds bring important perspectives to the services we deliver.
IT Help Desk Technician
Synergy Enterprises, Inc., a woman-owned small business, is seeking an IT Help Desk Technician to join their team. The qualified candidate will be responsible for managing laptop and equipment shipments and returns, as well as maintaining and troubleshooting copiers, printers, and postage machines at our corporate headquarters. They will provide technical support for staff computer systems, software, and hardware, and respond to queries either in person, through online platforms, or as received. They will also assist with the installation, modification, and repair of hardware and software, run diagnostic programs and reports, and follow up with users to ensure issues are resolved.
• Procure and manage laptop/equipment shipments and returns.
• Copier, printer, and postage machine maintenance, and troubleshooting of user issues with equipment at corporate headquarters.
• IT Helpdesk Support will provide technical assistance and support for incoming helpdesk tickets related to issues with staff computer systems, software, and hardware as directed by the Senior Principal, Equipment & Operations.
• Respond to queries either in person, over Microsoft Teams, through Jira, or as received.
• Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software under the supervision of the Senior Network Administrator.
• Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems and run reports to share with the Senior Network Administrator to address repeated malfunctions.
• Follow-up with users who have submitted a ticket to ensure issue has been resolved.
• Create new Active Directory accounts as required.
• Maintain clear and organized documentation of technical procedures and solutions.
• Work with supervisor to integrate voice, data, and video applications on the local and wide area networks.
• Perform basic telephone maintenance as required.
• Develop, maintain, and update a library of technical documentation such as subscriptions, hardware, software, agreements (e.g. cybersecurity and backup plans), lease equipment, and as needed.
• Assist in the training of other Synergy personnel on newly implemented technology to improve their technical skills as directed by supervisor.
• Update anti-virus software as required.
• Set up new users in Deltek/Costpoint.
• Ongoing review and reminders related to internal phone and voicemail.
• Gather information and configure laptops and user accounts for new staff.
• Liaise with the Senior Network Administrator to provide top-notch technical support to our team, ensuring they have the tools and resources needed to excel in their roles.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, or equivalent experience.
• Experience in providing technical support or IT helpdesk.
• Able to work in a Hybrid office setting.
• Effective communication and training abilities.
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Customer service mindset.
• The position requires that individuals be available to work as necessary throughout the standard workweek and often on weekends as well.
• Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle objects and documents; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision. Employee may use office equipment such as telephone, computer, computer software, calculator, printer, copier, and facsimile.
• Work environment: Employees are not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.