Synergy staff members are advancing solutions in public health and public education systems across the country. We speak 26 languages and represent 27 countries. Our diverse backgrounds bring important perspectives to the services we deliver.
Project Coordinator Literacy Center
Synergy Enterprises, Inc is looking for a Project Coordinator to support the Literacy Center project. The Project Coordinator facilitates meetings and trainings, conducts research, and provides administrative and project management support across the CLSD (Literacy Center) project.
Meetings, Trainings and On-Site:
- Secures hotel and/or other venues for meeting space and/or sleeping rooms.
- Generates and updates registration and rooming lists.
- Oversees the set-up of audiovisual arrangements as needed.
- Contacts and works with all applicable vendors as needed.
- Prepares logistical and confirmation letters for clients, attendees, speakers/VIPs, and vendors.
- Works with Project Director, Program Associate, and client to develop meeting materials as necessary.
- Provides onsite support, in most cases the sole SEI point of contact for on-site trainings.
- Manages the entry of data into conference databases, generates reports, and performs mail merges as required.
- Corresponds with client and attendees via phone, email, fax, Federal Express, and U.S. Mail.
- Arranges, facilitates, and otherwise supports webinars and conference calls.
- Manages supply inventory and orders as needed.
- Conducts research and provides support for a variety of research related activities, including, but not limited to data analysis and dissemination of information; develops workshop packets, fact sheets, and newsletters.
- Performs and synthesizes research related to various education and emergency management projects that may include Internet searches, conducting telephone or in-person interviews, administering surveys, and taking notes at meetings or during field observations.
- Maintains Listserv Summaries – summarizes into monthly report to present to Project Director
- Assists Project Director in outreach efforts by gathering and soliciting information from subject matter experts for consultant data
- Drafts summary reports and papers.
- Data entry and analysis activities, such as transcription of focus group notes, thematic analysis of interviews, and survey data analysis using Excel, Access, and/or SPSS;
- Analyzes training reports to synthesize evaluation data and prepare results
- Serves as primary note-taker in some meetings and prepares reports for Project Director.
- Edits documents; develops letters to consultants, helps assemble program materials
- Enters project tasks on Sharepoint site and maintains project and training calendars and timeline
- Creates charts to depict planned work and work accomplished in a specified time period
- Supports project staff across REMS project as needed
- Updates style guides
- Organizes bi-monthly report which involves gathering information from all parties and summarizing this information into a project report
- Sends weekly updates to project staff
- Work product (e.g., reports, tools) creation support (online and print)
- Responds to inquiries about using online data collection forms.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- 1 - 2 years administrative or customer service experience
- Microsoft Office proficiency required; knowledge of MS Access preferred
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and client schedules, and have a flexible, practical approach to helping clients.
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written; proofreading or copyediting experience a plus.
- Self-starter with strong time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, managing several assignments with multiple and tight deadlines.
- The position requires that individuals be available to work as necessary throughout the standard workweek and often on weekends as well.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle objects and documents; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision. Employee may use office equipment such as telephone, computer, computer software, calculator, printer, copier, and facsimile.
- Work environment: Employees are not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of employees so classified.