Synergy staff members are advancing solutions in public health and public education systems across the country. We speak 26 languages and represent 27 countries. Our diverse backgrounds bring important perspectives to the services we deliver.
Senior Contracts Manager- DMV Area
Synergy Enterprises, Inc., a woman-owned government contractor, is seeking a full-time Senior Contracts Manager located in the DC, MD, or VA area. The Senior Contracts Manager will manage the contracts department.
- Manage full life-cycle of all contracts including pre-solicitation, solicitation, contract execution, and contract close-out phase activities.
- Oversee and administer all contractual agreements so approvals, extensions, modifications and amendments, supplemental funding requests, key personnel notifications, close-outs and other actions are handled promptly.
- Draft, review, and negotiate contracts, subcontracts, teaming agreements and non-disclosure agreements.
- Assist with proposal preparation activities including review of solicitation terms and conditions, business proposal development, and overall proposal compliance.
- Ensure timely entry and accuracy of contractual information in Deltek Cost Point as well as other internal databases and tools.
- Ensure timely entry and accuracy of contractual information in external government systems as required during contract performance.
- Oversee the monthly billing process and review billing to ensure accuracy and compliance with contract schedules, terms and conditions.
- Provide ad-hoc contract reports to internal staff and external clients as required.
- Work with management and project teams regarding the particularities of contract requirements to mitigate risk and maximize performance.
- Identify, lead, and implement process improvement initiatives that provide a positive impact on contract and firm operations.
- Responsible for management and training of contracts staff.
- Works closely with contracts and operations staff, project managers and senior leadership.
- BA/BS in one of the following: Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or similar.
- 8+ years of experience in federal government contracting.
- 3+ years of experience managing a contracts team.
- Experience with cradle-to-grave contract life cycle administration required.
- Experience with the following contract types: Cost Plus, FFP, T&M, IDIQ, BPA, Task Orders and Hybrid Contracts.
- Experience with GSA Schedule contracts.
- Experience with the U.S. Government acquisition process.
- Experience reviewing and responding to U.S. Government solicitations.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
- Proficiency Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must be able to prioritize and complete multiple tasks within strict deadlines.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel.
- Advanced analytical skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong attention to detail.
- J.D., MBA or equivalent.
- Experience and proficiency with Deltek Cost Point.
- Experience with one or more of the following agencies: U.S. Department of Education, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services or the National Institutes of Health.
- While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop; bend; push; turn; crawl; sit; use hands to handle objects and documents; manipulate objects; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision; ability to recognize, register, and respond; color recognition; depth perception. Employee may use office equipment such as telephone, computer, computer software, calculator, printer, copier, and facsimile.
- Work environment: Employees are not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of employees so classified.