Synergy staff members are advancing solutions in public health and public education systems across the country. We speak 26 languages and represent 27 countries. Our diverse backgrounds bring important perspectives to the services we deliver.
Synergy Enterprises, Inc., a woman-owned small business, is seeking a senior writer/editor to develop high-quality, high-profile written products for a variety of federal agencies as well as corporate communications. Well-qualified candidates will be familiar with editorial style guides (APA, Chicago, GPO, and agency-specific); familiar with the federal contracting environment; able to translate scientific or technical reports into lay language; and attentive to detail with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment. Experience with the U.S. Department of Education is a plus. Job location remote with ability to use an office and/or meeting space when needed.
- Research, write, and revise original publications, technical reports, presentations, web content, and other deliverables as needed.
- Review, analyze, and translate scientific research and technical reports into plain language for project deliverables.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and others to develop scripts, storyboards, and training materials for e‑learning.
- Verify facts as needed and review content for style, readability, grammar, and alignment with editorial style guides.
- Review, update, and maintain as needed federal agency style guides for various client agencies.
- Manage the development and implementation of editorial quality assurance and improvement processes.
- Coach junior writer/editors and proofreaders to help reduce errors and provide appropriate levels of editing.
- Work on multiple deliverables in various stages of completion while meeting all required deadlines.
- Contribute to and lead, as needed, technical proposal writing and/or provide editorial quality control review for technical proposals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent internal and external client relations
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to collaborate with other project team members
- Effective time and task management skills, including the ability to meet simultaneous deadlines while producing high-quality work
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint applications
- Competency in the use of Microsoft Excel, Access, and Outlook applications
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, or related discipline, or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years of experience performing duties similar to those required for this position
- Proof of vaccination for COVID-19, or proof of valid medical or religious exemption, will be required upon hire.
Physical demands and work environment:
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle objects and documents; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision. Employee may use office equipment such as telephone, computer, computer software, calculator, printer, copier, and facsimile.
- Work environment: Employees are not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Employees are able to work remotely.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of employees so classified.