Synergy staff members are advancing solutions in public health and public education systems across the country. We speak 26 languages and represent 27 countries. Our diverse backgrounds bring important perspectives to the services we deliver.
Sr. Conference Manager
Synergy Enterprises, Inc., a minority and woman-owned government contractor is seeking a Sr. Conference Manager to work with its North Bethesda, MD headquarters. The Sr. Conference Manager would be responsible for assisting the PD and DPD in the administration, management, direction and planning of all technical resources and personnel assigned to the project. This is an associate level position within the Conferences and Peer Review Division with the ability to work remotely. However, this position must be local to the DMV area to fit the needs of the company.
- Perform formal status reporting to corporate Project Manager/Deputy Project Manager.
- Works closely with Project Director and Deputy Project Director on all contract obligations including development of budgets, negotiation of agreements and contracts, and resource management.
- Works closely with project staff and client.
- Develops and maintains work plans.
- Assists in coordination of all contract documentation such as monthly reports, work assignment final reports and written deliverables.
- Prepares reports as required by clients.
- Works with hotel to prepare room set-up, food & beverage, attendees, speakers/VIPs, and vendors.
- Assists Deputy Project Director or Project Director in working with clients to develop meeting materials as necessary.
- Provides onsite meeting support
- Assists Deputy Project Director in performing hotel searches for meeting space and/or sleeping rooms as needed.
- Creates and processes forms for registration, reimbursement, honoraria, evaluations, and other forms as needed or delegates this task to junior staff and oversees this work.
- Oversees the ordering of necessary supplies.
- Attends planning meetings with clients as needed.
- Oversees and sets up audiovisual arrangements as needed.
- Oversees the creation, duplication, and assembly of conference/review materials, including name badges, tent cards, signs, packets, and other materials as requested by client.
- Processes bills from vendors as needed.
- Prepares logistical and confirmation letters for clients, attendees, speakers/VIPs, and vendors or delegates this staff to junior staff and oversees the letters.
Supervisory/Manager Duties, if applicable:
- Fields employee questions, concerns and requests.
- Manages staff schedules.
- Evaluates staff performance
- Trains new staff.
- Minimum of 4 years meeting planning and management experience (preferably with a government contractor).
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. This requirement may be waived if significant successful performance in business management can be proven.
- Possess demonstrated experience in negotiating and interacting with high-level officials and clients.
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office applications required.
- Proof of vaccination for COVID-19, or proof of valid medical or religious exemption, will be required upon hire.
Physical demands and work environment:
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle objects and documents; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision. Employee may use office equipment such as telephone, computer, computer software, calculator, printer, copier, and facsimile.
- Work environment: Employees are not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, and most responsibilities can be performed remotely.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of employees so classified.