Synergy staff members are advancing solutions in public health and public education systems across the country. We speak 26 languages and represent 27 countries. Our diverse backgrounds bring important perspectives to the services we deliver.
Synergy Enterprises, Inc., a minority and woman-owned government contractor located in North Bethesda, MD, currently has an opportunity for a full-time employee as a Visual Storyteller/Writer. Job location remote with ability to use an office and or meeting space when needed.
Synergy Enterprises, Inc., is seeking a visual storyteller to develop PowerPoint presentations, talking points, and other content for federal officials attending biomedical conferences, academic symposia, public policy meetings, and other professional gatherings. The qualified candidate will work closely with physicians, biomedical researchers, and other science writers and communications staff to craft presentations that adhere to all meeting specifications. Assignments may involve independent research and analysis of medical journal articles on diseases and conditions that affect women. The candidate will also prepare talking points for federal biomedical officials being interviewed by journalists and others for television, radio, print, internet, and other media as well as additional science writing, editing, and communications tasks as directed by the Project Manager. Professional experience as a speech writer and science (or health care) communicator is required. Familiarity with NIH and women’s health research is a plus, as is skill in writing for social media and the web.
- 8-10+ years of experience and familiarity with NIH and women’s health research
- Outstanding speech writing skills
- Ability to support multiple and diverse projects—from policy briefs to talking points to blog articles to tweets—from concept to completion, work independently, and adhere to tight deadlines
- Ability to work with high-level federal officials and subject matter experts and problem solve in a high-stress, time-sensitive environment
- Expertise in PowerPoint, Canva, Adobe or other design programs
- Master’s or Ph.D. preferred
- Proof of vaccination for COVID-19, or proof of valid medical or religious exemption, will be required upon hire
Physical demands and work environment:
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle objects and documents; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision. Employee may use office equipment such as telephone, computer, computer software, calculator, printer, copier, and facsimile.
- Work environment: Employees are not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of employees so classified.